I love how professional looking it was and featured Thomas the Train. I do not have a Silhouette, but I thought I could probably do some of the same features using Microsoft Word or Publisher. I ended up using Word because that is what I am most comfortable with.
Directions for my invitation using Microsoft Word:
1. Changed the Layout Margins to 0.5
2. Went to the tab Insert and inserted a rounded rectangle shape.
3. I changed the thickness of the line around the rectangle to 2 1/4 thick.
4. I then added 3 text boxes just like the photo above only I made the text box on the left a little longer.
5. I then added all of my text.
6. I added dotted lines around each text box rather than solid lines.
7. I added flags down the middle in blue and red for the Thomas theme.
8. I then printed it out and added a Thomas the Train sticker in the bottom left corner.
The card stock I used was from Michael's and the cost was $0.49 per sheet and I was able to get 2 per sheet. Here is the final product, I think they turned out nice. I always show them to my kids and if they are excited about the character and recognize what it is, then I feel that I have done well.
Have fun exploring Pinterest and enjoy making your own invitations as well.
|I did cut off the end of the ticket-like invite. Hopefully you can see it well.|