Thursday, January 13, 2011

The Refuge

Refuge- a place or state of safety.
I think my favorite word of describing the Lord in His attributes would be He is my Refuge. So many times I have felt the need of finding safety in His arms alone. Whether it be during trials at home with having to endure hard times with my brother. Nights where he was battling his self-abuse, due to his autism. Living with difficult roommates in college. Dealing with sickness, the worst pain I have ever felt. Losing a baby in a miscarriage and especially dealing with my own terrible dreams at night. I have found God as my refuge and strength in these times. I would never wish those times away, though they were difficult, because in those hard times, they have caused me to seek His Refuge and to fall at His feet once again! I long for those times of falling into His arms and I cannot wait to do that when I meet Him in heaven! I would encourage you as you are studying your Bible to circle in God's Word something that you want to draw your attention to. For me I have been reading through the Psalms, and circling any words that are names of the Lord. I also circle anytime I read the word Refuge. I just encourage you today to know the Lord better in your daily reading of His Word. It is vast and wonderfully written.
I know my small feats have no equality to David being delivered from the Gibeonites or from Saul. I cannot imagine someone trying to kill me and what fear that may cause a person, but I know God has delivered me from my own fears and difficulties and so to Him I seek Refuge and Strength in His eternal arms.
"He said, "The Lord is my fortress and my deliverer; My God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold and my refuge; my Savior, You save me from violence. I call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised, and I am saved from my enemies." 1 Samuel 22: 2-4

No comments:

Post a Comment