Friday, June 11, 2010

The First Post

This week I turned 30--yes the Big 3-0! And considering my love for creative writing I thought what better way to celebrate my venture into the new decade marked with 3's than to venture into the world of blogging. However, I have been unsure of what to even write about or even how long my entries should be. I am not a big picture person, so looking at what this whole blog should be about is a hard one for me. Let me break it down: looking at the title, A Glantz in Time, our last name is Gantz, so a lot of what I am writing will be about my family, what it is like to be a Mama and wife, my two favorite things in the world and I am so thankful that God has given me this great gift. Another thought is to encourage anyone who reads what I am writing with God's Word and what I am learning from reading His Word.

This summer I am planning on writing about canning. It's a blessing to be given a garden full of vegetables and fruit to save for the winter. I have the opportunity to work with my Mom-in-law and my sister-in-law, almost every Friday of the end of the summer to save yummy produce to enjoy all winter. When I was a child, I would can greasy beans and freeze sweet corn with my grandparents. Every summer I think of them and the memories of spending a week in the summer in Tennessee with them as I am canning and freezing produce for my family. I am thankful that my grandparents taught me to have a garden and grow our own food, it's so much better than store-bought, and to save the fruits of your labor. I am so thankful that God has given us ground to work with and the blessing of His crops to give to our family. Kyle's grandparents let us use part of their garden to plant in. We get to help care for the garden and plant our own veggies.

I may not write everyday, but I am hoping once a week. We'll see how this new venture goes...til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment