Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Calendars

Sometimes I'm organized and sometimes not so much. I tend to forget things easily.We have a monthly dry erase calendar attached to our fridge, which helps tremendously, but what if one of the kids erase or I accidently erase when I open the refrigerator door. I remember in college I had my Miami University Calendar, the Miami Memos, to keep my crazy schedule in tact (Oh there are so many items to insert here of the activities!!). However, I do remember having missed an opportunity to speak in front of students about being a sibling to my brother who has Autism. I had been to other classes and spoke before, but I forgot that day, with this professor, whom I normally did not see and I was bummed. So I had this remembrance of that day and today I bought a calendar.
Why today? It's April. Today you can no longer find January-January calendars, not even in the bargain bin. Today you can only find July 2015-June 2016.
I downloaded April, May and June from this cute website:
http://www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com/2014/12/best-organizing-tips-free-2015-printable-calendars.html

And I'm off, to a life more organized! I was driving in the car the other day thinking about my Mom and how she could go to a drawer in her home and know exactly what appointment she had in 1976 because she has a calendar. So maybe after today, I'll be able to tell my kids, "Hey on this date in 2015, I bought a calendar and the next day we _____" because I had it written down!

So this calendar is in honor of my Mom and her organization! Thanks Mom! Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment