Tuesday, October 16, 2012

From the wisdom of my grandmother and mom...

After all this time, I am just now seeing the necessity of having a weekly schedule for doing laundry. Could it be that I am up to my eyeballs in laundry every week due to having 3 children now? Why has it taken me this long? I remember my  grandma and my mom ALWAYS did sheets on Mondays and most likely or did have each other day scheduled or at least had the laundry always going. As the Flylady has shown me, that doing one load a day keeps the chaos away. I wholeheartedly agree with that! Start your routine everyday with at least one load of laundry going and try to get that one load done in the day. Don't leave it until tomorrow. Don't let it roll around in your dryer for days. Don't sit it in a basket and let it stand for days without putting it away. If you do your laundry, one complete load a day from start to finish, you will be able to keep up with your laundry. Believe me, it will help you in the end. This is how I am and do plan on doing my laundry every week. I am human and most of the time I let my laundry sit in a basket for days without putting it away, but my goal is to make sure that I take a few minutes to put it away and get those baskets off the floor (one more piece of clutter that is not needed!) Your house will feel more organized and orderly if you do just this one load of laundry a day. Here is my schedule and feel free to fill in laundry needs when you feel necessary. Have a blessed one!

No comments:

Post a Comment